Discovering Godot: Make Video Games in GDScript
In this course from Udemy, you will be discovering about Godot, a general-purpose, simple and welcoming game engine. This game engine is Powered by GDScript which is a lightweight programming language. GDScript is easier to learn with context quite similar to Python.
No matter if you are a complete beginner who is just starting to code, this course would really help you learn Godot. This course is for all those who want to get their hands on the Godot game engine. And as the scripting language is based on Python, it would be fun learning it from scratch.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to learn game development in an open-source, lightweight and powerful game engine.
- People who are already developing games but want to dive deep into a dynamic programming language.
- Indie Developers who don’t want to involve anyone else in their game development success. As Godot is open-source, there will be no royalty or anything like that.
What You’ll Learn in This Course
- Creating video games in an open-source and friendly game engine.
- Writing codes in GDScript, a scripting language
- Program compelling 2D word, platform & stealth games.
- Working on Godot and creating 2D and 3D games for free.
- Learning to use other similar programming languages in game development.
- Starting from scratch and creating a working game.
This Godot course from Udemy will start by creating a 2D word game. This will surely help you in brushing your programming knowledge. After that, you will be moving on to create a platform and a stealth game. Each and every course module will have challenges to make sure that you learn effectively.